15 May 2013

Family: Center of Love, Care and Strength

                We are celebrating today, International Day of the Family, YAY! World Family Day! The Family is the basic Societal Institution which has it's own government, usually headed by the Father, the family is also the center of all things good, Love, Care and Strength. But it seems nowadays a lot of families are far apart from each other.

                 But Many families cannot celebrate this together, for their families are torn apart, ripped through shreds because of a lot of factors, like divorces, violence etc. I wrote this to emphasize the importance of family time and their role as a support system to the youth, I have been empty with ideas for the past week or so, then this came to my mind. I mean, my family is my basic support group, I could tell problems to the members of my family and they'd give me loving, caring and sensible advise. But not all of us teens out there have this support group because their families ain't whole because of many reasons, so these teens resort to look for other people to seek as a support group and most of the time, they tend to look and find for the wrong kind of people, people who instead of dragging them out of their problems would create a false environment of care and love to the teen while they continually drag him down to an abyss of problems, and what happens to that teen? He becomes an addict, a delinquent, a criminal, a dropout and worse the teen dies because of these bad influences, brought by the parent's lack of time for their children. The usual parental excuse is "We are working extra hard for your future.", but, money cannot buy the time that they are supposed to spending on their kids, money cannot buy the happiness and the joy brought by parents comforting, loving, caring and playing with their kids. I remember our class play during Grade 10 English which touched this certain topic. A child can be showered with all material things by his hardworking parents, the child may seem happy, the teen may seem satisfied. But deep inside the heart of that child and teen, there is something the child longs for, something the child hasn't experienced, something the child really hungers for. And that is love, care and words of strength from their parents, because after all, these material things will come and go, but the memory of being loved and cared personally by your parents is a memory that you'll cherish forever which will make you realize, "Hey, my parents do love me."

                SO I plea to all the parents and kids, spend time together more often. To the parents, care and love for your children because they are the fruit of your love and a beloved gift.

                I plea and I write, In the Eyes of A Teen.

Leave Comments and Suggestions.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment